Friday, October 9, 2015

Construction at BYU

Here at BYU, as at most Universities (so I've heard), there is always construction going on. I swear every time they finish one project, they start another one.
 They just finished that new Life Sciences building, but none of the parking lot area around it is finished, and since it is right next to the Marb science building, there is constant construction noise during my bio and nutrition classes. It's great.
And I have honestly no idea what is going on here, but it's been under construction since the first week of school, and for some reason it makes the walk to class really annoying. It's probably just my own impatience, because it in no way blocks the walk way, but whatever.

Anyway. Here at BYU, we are very trusting (almost to a fault), and so we tend to leave things like building supplies out. And what happens when you leave building supplies out around college students?

They make ancient temples out of left over bricks.


I think my favorite part is the detail in the stacking, and the fact that whoever built them went way out of their way to find branches and leaves to put around the temples. These things are actually pretty impressive too. Major props to who built them! and I'm curious how long they'll stick around before the construction crews need the bricks to finish their projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment